Well, we actually call them burgers in our house, but grinders sound more interesting. Ground pork, with the addition of kalamata olives, fresh oregano, onion, and a few seasonings, make for an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 8-10 pitted kalamata olives, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon, fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons (for grinders) plus 2 tablespoons olive oil (for pan)
- 4 toasted English muffins
- washed and dried lettuce
Preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients thoroughly. Form into 4 1/4 pound patties. Cook in skillet for 5-6 minutes a side, until center is no longer pink. Assemble the sliders on the English muffins, with lettuce and mayonnaise. Serve with a tomato salad or green beans for a well-rounded meal.