As the heat of summer wears off, we've been spending more and more time enjoying our backyard fire pit and charcoal grill. S'mores were on the menu recently and boy did we enjoy them.
- Bag of best quality marshmallows (or homemade if you have the time and inclination)
- 2 bars of Green & Black's Dark 70% Chocolate
- 1 box of Graham Crackers
- stick (green-wood ) or coat hanger
Prep your landing for the roasted marshmallow by placing a piece of chocolate on half a graham cracker. Roast marshmallow over an open fire. Place marshmallow on the chocolate side of the graham cracker, use the other half of the graham cracker to slide the marshmallow of the stick. Eat immediately.
First S'mores Experience
Variations on the Classic
1. Use an apple slice as a substitute for one half of the graham cracker
2. Slather one side of the graham cracker with Nutella or peanut butter
3. Substitute a peanut butter cup or chocolate covered mint for the chocolate
4. Substitute thin mint cookies for the graham crackers, omit (or keep) extra chocolate
5. If you make homemade marshmallows, the variations are endless (vanilla, chocolate, coffee/espresso, chocolate-covered, peanut butter, pecan-studded, coconut, raspberry, strawberry, etc.)