I saw this muffin recipe on www.photograzing.com a while back and decided to make them this past weekend. They're a little sweet for my tastes, but with the addition of blueberries, or other tart fruit, they could be a keeper.
Spiced Mini Muffins
Yields approx 24 mini muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl combine sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Mix wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined
5. Fill each mini muffin cup about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out mostly clean. Once muffins have cooled you can top with a cinnamon sugar mixture (optional).