Kitchen sink, meaning these chewy oatmeal cookies are chock-full of dark chocolate pieces, craisins and nuts.
Kitchen Sink Cookies
makes 24 cookies
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda.
With a hand mixer, cream the shortening and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add egg, water and vanilla, mix to combine. With a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Add the dark chocolate, craisins and pecans.
Using a small (2 1/2 Tablespoon) scoop, or spoon, form cookies on ungreased sheet pan. Press down to flatten. Bake 12-14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
Cool 5 minutes on sheet pan, then remove to cooling rack.