For our starter... a butternut squash soup with pork belly garnish. Yum!
Traditional roast beef, with mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts (not pictured gravy and rolls).
And finally, what finishes a delicious Christmas dinner? Trifle of course. It's a raspberry vanilla trifle. Here's the recipe for raspberry cake:
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (1 ½ teaspoons if using kosher salt)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz. package of frozen raspberries
- 1 lemon-juiced and zested
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla together, mixing well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in frozen raspberries and lemon zest and spoon into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pans before removing to cool on wire racks. Wrap tightly to store.